You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Re: Lyric discrepancies in the CD booklet

Big Gun wrote:

there are no lyrics on vinyl sad . could somebody pm me the booklet please?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

They deleted the booklet discussion thread at HTGTH, what the fuck is that about?
Also I have had about 10 posts deleted there in the last week or so, its really souring this occasion for me. Some of my posts vanished within seconds, with no mods around either, only "hidden users" whatever that means.

This is just more serious food for thought to me, as I try to objectively fathom what this Chinese Democracy era of Guns N' Roses actually represents.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:
Olorin wrote:

They deleted the booklet discussion thread at HTGTH, what the fuck is that about?
Also I have had about 10 posts deleted there in the last week or so, its really souring this occasion for me. Some of my posts vanished within seconds, with no mods around either, only "hidden users" whatever that means.

This is just more serious food for thought to me, as I try to objectively fathom what this Chinese Democracy era of Guns N' Roses actually represents.

I loathe that piece of crap over there. Pointing out what a complete abortion the booklet is comes under bashing the band for Jambo so he wont allow it. He's a complete fuck.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Has anyone mentioned the "Errors in Slashs Book" thread yet? Funny how that was endorsed but mistakes in the Chi Dem booklet are considered bashing 16

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Clearly 15 years wasn't long enough to proof read a damn piece of paper before it goes to the printers.

But I suppose the GN'R camp will simply see us as internet whingers with no life for expecting to have a release done in a manner that even seems half professional.

Besides, how dare we question the lyric booklet - it's exactly how Axl wanted it released.  Leaving the errors in is very "Rock N' Roll" and sticks the middle finger up to the establishment.

With spin like that do you think I could get a job in the Axl "yes man" army?  16

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:
downliner wrote:

Has anyone mentioned the "Errors in Slashs Book" thread yet? Funny how that was endorsed but mistakes in the Chi Dem booklet are considered bashing 16

Ha ha great point!!!  14

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
downliner wrote:

I forgot about that roll

What an embarressment. There was some borderline psycotic sleuthing and date comparisons by some people.

Idiotic and shameful.

mikepatton
 Rep: 1 

mikepatton wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Clearly 15 years wasn't long enough to proof read a damn piece of paper before it goes to the printers.

But I suppose the GN'R camp will simply see us as internet whingers with no life for expecting to have a release done in a manner that even seems half professional.

Besides, how dare we question the lyric booklet - it's exactly how Axl wanted it released.  Leaving the errors in is very "Rock N' Roll" and sticks the middle finger up to the establishment.

With spin like that do you think I could get a job in the Axl "yes man" army?  16

I'm going with this

"It's not on the booklet, the fact that there are errors is just your opinion.

The lyrics are exactly as printed on the booklet, if you hear something else you're delusional and setting yourself up for disappointment."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

more likely its Axls rough notes that were copied and as the song evolved then the lyrics sheets weren't updated .... its a pretty common occurence actually smile

but being as this has been a long arduous process i thought that they would have it corrected...no biggie to be honest, but fans like to know the real lyrics

Board footer