You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

James Lofton wrote:

IF GNR had any upcoming plans, they have most likely been derailed by the lukewarm reaction to this album.

Not sure about that. I think Robin's departure had a huge effect on the upcoming tour plans.

Axl can still release the second record but the amount of backing and expectations he receives has changed. The marketing of the second album has changed significantly with this rather tepid market.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Whatever.  The charts have no impact on me.  I could care less.  How do charts impact your lives?  Why do they matter?  If you love a band and music, then love it, but don't let commercial fad's determine your taste.

It matters because had the results been different, people would be talking up the sales and the charts and everything else.  You can't have it both ways.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

325,000 albums sold in two weeks during the worst economic crisis in over seventy years, the worst crisis in the music industries history, and only being sold in one store which has about 900 store fronts (after closings), and 30% less foot traffic year over year, is not that bad.  Cry all you want, the album is good, the legend is still in tact, and the silence maintains the enigma.  Fuck it, it's nearly X-mas, and I have Chinese Democracy in my hands, and still have a job.  All things considered, I don't have much to complain about.  Who gives a shit about Britney, the fad-chasers, and the commercial side of the industry.  If you love music, and love GNR there is not much to cry about.  I've given up worrying about these #'s, it's a never-ending vicarious mind-fuck that has ZERO impact on my life or ability to judge and like music! 

GNFR!!!

Another good post. People can cut it any way they want, but being sold exclusively at Best Buy hampers the sells.

There's this new thing called the internet.  You can go there, buy stuff, and they'll bring it to you.  Pretty neat actually.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

If you look at the breakdown between iTunes and physical CD sales, a lot of people still buy Cds. Unfortunately, a lot of people only download individual tracks as well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^yes buzzsaw but the music speaks for itself even if the sales dont support it....

Hell i'm a big megadeth fan...their latest album sold 46,000....and its fucking great, and i dont need anyone to tell me that the band is shit because of poor sales...dave mustaine is a guitar god...axl is similar...hes a master rock singer...if the average guy doesnt care for the new cd...thats fine with me...less chance of me getting sick of hearing tunes on teh radio

however i am not so blind to see that this showing may be bad for any future albums that may (or may not) see the light of day from this current band (whoever may be in it)

so in a way i agree with brighteyes....but i also understand that a band like GnR needs the backing of a label an with alot of $$$...without that backing it may be hard to keep the lineup togehter if any of the rumored salaries and production costs are true....ther eis no way that Axl will be able to fund an album like CD again......which isnt necessarily a bad thing

Axlin08 wrote:

If you love Guns so much, you can't help but to wonder what's next. The three R's are the only thing on tap.

1) Rockalohoma

2) Reunion

3) Retirement

you forgot #4....which is prolly the most realistic

4) Ram - saturate the market with new gnr material...if there are 3 or 4 albums of material finished then they release it all...ram it down the public's throats until something sticks...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If They were promoting this album and trying their asses off and it flopped, it would no big deal. we would be positive, stand behind them and do all we could to make this a success.

When the band don't care, why the fuck should we care?

Then being treated like we are negative and aren't helping the band when all of us bought multiple copies.

U can blame Best Buy, u can blame the economy, u can blame anything u want but the blame lies squarely on one person and that is Axl.

if he were doing his part and it flopped, it wouldn't matter.

I think he is using it as a copout so he can have an excuse and be like "Well it only failed cause of the economy and my shit management team and cause I didn't promote it.:

what people don't realize is, the more this flops, the more it proves that Axl isn't GNR and it further makes him look like shit for perceivably running off the old band.

Mags all over the world will point to VR's success on CB and make a joke out of axl.

but all u fan boys don't give a fuck cause u got your precious little album and a handful of bullshit excuses.

GNR are gonna be dead. All the yes men fanboys who allow us to be treated like pieces of shit are just as much to blame.

Nobody owes us a god damn thing? Well guess what, we don't owe u shit either.

have fun fighting Libertad for the race to go gold!

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Whatever.  The charts have no impact on me.  I could care less.  How do charts impact your lives?  Why do they matter?  If you love a band and music, then love it, but don't let commercial fad's determine your taste.

It matters because had the results been different, people would be talking up the sales and the charts and everything else.  You can't have it both ways.

Buzz, I am saying this in a very constructive manner... please, let it go. Who cares what other people say about what should have been. Really, you are not proving anybody right or wrong in the end. The numbers will be the numbers. Everybody here knows your point of view. You don't make yourself out to be the better man by continuosly belaboring your point of view....just like the people who argue on the opposite side. I truly am not sure what board is worse at this point. The alleged "no censor" board is just an argument or bitch fest between 5 people or the utter ridiculous state of something like HTGTH. The album is out and it may be the worst time to be a Gnr fan ever. The whole scene is lame...from the cheesy Velvet Revolver right down to the last piano twinklings of Chinese. Damn, can we start all over??????:|

Sky Dog wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

If They were promoting this album and trying their asses off and it flopped, it would no big deal. we would be positive, stand behind them and do all we could to make this a success.

When the band don't care, why the fuck should we care?

Then being treated like we are negative and aren't helping the band when all of us bought multiple copies.

U can blame Best Buy, u can blame the economy, u can blame anything u want but the blame lies squarely on one person and that is Axl.

if he were doing his part and it flopped, it wouldn't matter.

I think he is using it as a copout so he can have an excuse and be like "Well it only failed cause of the economy and my shit management team and cause I didn't promote it.:

what people don't realize is, the more this flops, the more it proves that Axl isn't GNR and it further makes him look like shit for perceivably running off the old band.

Mags all over the world will point to VR's success on CB and make a joke out of axl.

but all u fan boys don't give a fuck cause u got your precious little album and a handful of bullshit excuses.

GNR are gonna be dead. All the yes men fanboys who allow us to be treated like pieces of shit are just as much to blame.

Nobody owes us a god damn thing? Well guess what, we don't owe u shit either.

have fun fighting Libertad for the race to go gold!

case in point.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Also what sucks is, what is this gonna sell next week? 30k? It may barely beat Libertad. That is just unfathomable.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

325,000 albums sold in two weeks during the worst economic crisis in over seventy years, the worst crisis in the music industries history, and only being sold in one store which has about 900 store fronts (after closings), and 30% less foot traffic year over year, is not that bad.  Cry all you want, the album is good, the legend is still in tact, and the silence maintains the enigma.  Fuck it, it's nearly X-mas, and I have Chinese Democracy in my hands, and still have a job.  All things considered, I don't have much to complain about.  Who gives a shit about Britney, the fad-chasers, and the commercial side of the industry.  If you love music, and love GNR there is not much to cry about.  I've given up worrying about these #'s, it's a never-ending vicarious mind-fuck that has ZERO impact on my life or ability to judge and like music! 

GNFR!!!

Another good post. People can cut it any way they want, but being sold exclusively at Best Buy hampers the sells.

There's this new thing called the internet.  You can go there, buy stuff, and they'll bring it to you.  Pretty neat actually.

And you know what? Lots of people wont shop over the internet for various reasons, including security reasons.

But your remark was cute.

Board footer