You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stradlin
 Rep: 0 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Stradlin wrote:
elmir wrote:

weird as shit....all i gotta say about this....very surreal...very...

One thing i got out of this is that Axl has a shitload of people working for him at any given time, and that he is often not aware of things which get approved and implemented...the booklet, the BH relationship, the merchandise, and so on....but then again, seriously, how does someone make those "mistakes" without him knowing at least something about it?

that was the only thing i never really understood, perhaps some can clarify for me....but overall, I'm glad it finally happened, its about fucking time...

And here we thought Axl was a "control" freak.

I find it very odd that he always says, "I was unaware of this", etc.

And all these errors like the booklet get out.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
Stradlin wrote:

So that whole open letter Axl did that BH was using him to be in GNR then was a lie?

It looked like he was insinuating that's what Merck told him...he seemed to be cool towards Bucket.  Merck sounds like he was a bit of an ass kisser...

Stradlin

Stradlin wrote:

So this was the start of the "monumental marketing campaign"?

Stradlin

Stradlin wrote:
Roxxie wrote:
Stradlin wrote:

So that whole open letter Axl did that BH was using him to be in GNR then was a lie?

It looked like he was insinuating that's what Merck told him...he seemed to be cool towards Bucket.  Merck sounds like he was a bit of an ass kisser...

Then I have to summize that Axl puts way too much faith in his management if he believes what they tell him and they have hidden agendas.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
Stradlin wrote:

Then I have to summize that Axl puts way too much faith in his management if he believes what they tell him and they have hidden agendas.

Maybe...but he did go and get Azoff and Gould didn't he?  He could just be passing the buck, of course.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It was Axl. Go back and re-read the posts. If you read them, and then compare them to past statements & interviews from him... the words, setup, the whole thing is like him.

No way someone could go through that many questions, conciously having to remember "type like Axl would".

It's him.

And that's the absurdity of the internet community. Even when Axl freakin' Rose posts, we don't believe it's him.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm sure it was Axl. It was his style, his sense of humour all over it. He didn't say much though.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Stradlin wrote:
elmir wrote:

weird as shit....all i gotta say about this....very surreal...very...

One thing i got out of this is that Axl has a shitload of people working for him at any given time, and that he is often not aware of things which get approved and implemented...the booklet, the BH relationship, the merchandise, and so on....but then again, seriously, how does someone make those "mistakes" without him knowing at least something about it?

that was the only thing i never really understood, perhaps some can clarify for me....but overall, I'm glad it finally happened, its about fucking time...

And here we thought Axl was a "control" freak.

I find it very odd that he always says, "I was unaware of this", etc.

And all these errors like the booklet get out.

When shit happens in GN'R land, it's always someone else's fault. He wasn't aware of his European tour coming, he wasn't aware of the CD booklet, he wasn't aware that people wouldn't wait for him forever in Vancouver, he wasn't aware that Finck left, this was sudden and unexpected, just like BH's leaving. The list isn't complete.

Anyway, it's good he popped in and very Axlish. No talk at all for weeks, no promo, the record company can't reach him, no nothing and then suddenly appears on forums to talk about his cat and the next video.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm glad he did it. Had some good info, said some things worth hearing and it's good to know he cares, to a certain extent.

So, if Checkmate is simply a wrong title, does that mean the clip is real?

I would like to know about when track listing became final, and if songs that leaked played a role in choosing the tracklist (finding it suspicious that everything that leaked was on CD and yet there's another album + of material).

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

of course its real its called jackie chan!

Board footer