You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Better Official Single 12/02/08

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

His silence could solely be due to the fact that he doesn't want to go full throttle until he has the whole "who's actually in the band?" situation taken care of.  For all the crap he takes and for everyone who calls this version of GNR, "The Axl Rose Band", he very much likes to give credit to the band.  He doesn't want people to view it as a solo act.  So if he were to go out right now with Robin out playing with NIN and apparently not budging from that, he'd ultimately be asked about that.  Maybe he doesn't want to broach that question until he has a replacement lined up.  It took nearly 2 years to replace Bucket and Ron was added to the fold in the weeks leading up to the Hammerstein shows.  So while many of you seem to think Axl is just sitting back in his mansion twiddling his thumbs and counting his money, it's entirely possible he's actually actively searching to round out the bands lineup, ONCE AGAIN.  And once that's taken care of, then it's full speed ahead.

No offense, but I think your theory is thin. We all know that interviewers had to sign a paper about what cannot be asked. He can go the same route again. On the other hand, 2 guitarists are pretty much enough, so if he gets the 'who's in the band right now?' question he can tell the name of his 6 players. He can add that 'we're looking for a guitarist for the third spot, though' comment. I can't bleive he'd fuck up his album promotion just because he doesn't wanna say he's looking for another guitarist or unsure about Robin's future commitment. Throw away the work of a decade, just for Robin Finck's absence?

I hear you, but this is Axl Rose we're talking about.  Anything is possible.  It's pretty clear to me that Axl holds/held Robin in pretty high regard.  He, for lack of a better term, was the replacement for Slash.  He left once before and came back.  So while you and I may think it can't possibly be that hard to replace him, Axl may actually not feel that way.  I think he had a tight bond with that origianl 2001 era lineup, hence the 2 year "break" after Bucket left.  Luckily he seemed to find a loyal and solid guy in Ron to join in 2006, but that took 2 years.  It's possible he's going through that search again if Robin wants no part of what he worked 10 years to help create.  And sure Axl could do interviews and dictate what questions are asked.  And sure he could name the 2 guitarists and say they're actively searching for a 3rd guitarist.  You know what question would follow that comment though (or at least the interviewer would WANT to ask)?  21  My main point is, we have NO IDEA why Axl's remained silent.  We can speculate all we want, but we had no idea back in 2001, we had no idea in 2006, and positive things happened (followed by a few negatives).  I'm of the belief that positive things can and will happen again, when we least expect it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i must sound like a broken record right now but i heard chinese and better a combined 6 times on the radio today...and get this, 4 different stations. Rock 101 in New Hampshire, WAAF in Boston, 94HJY in Providence, and on Sirius Octane. Just minutes ago i was listening to CD on WAAF and was switching back and forth between that and Better on 94HJY. Man I'm sorry for you other regions but gnr is alive and well in New England.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I heard CD on the radio today!!

Neanderpaul
 Rep: 1 

Neanderpaul wrote:

We've been playing CD for a few weeks and are now switching to "Better" Here's the problem with playing too much of the new stuff. We try not to play the same bands inside of 90 minutes or so...so as not to appear to be "playing the same shit over and over" So...if we play more than 1 song at a time for a few weeks from the CD, we don't play any of the older GnR stuff...and that pisses off a lot of fans. To be honest...it angers more than it attracts by playing new stuff. So, there's why your local station might not be playing more than 1 song from "CD" right now. Those that are...aren't playing stuff from AFD or UYI as much, and disappointing those people who want to hear the songs they love from GnR. wink

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Neanderpaul, is it just the format difference, which allows Sirius Octane to play Sorry, Better, CD, and TWAT multiple times during the day?

BTW, folks, you can listen to one of the best DJ's in the country live, at work, right now!  It's a Symphony for Destruction at times.....and always entertaining!!  Requests, for the on air personality and the listen live online link are found at that site.

http://989therock.com/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neanderpaul wrote:

We've been playing CD for a few weeks and are now switching to "Better" Here's the problem with playing too much of the new stuff. We try not to play the same bands inside of 90 minutes or so...so as not to appear to be "playing the same shit over and over" So...if we play more than 1 song at a time for a few weeks from the CD, we don't play any of the older GnR stuff...and that pisses off a lot of fans. To be honest...it angers more than it attracts by playing new stuff. So, there's why your local station might not be playing more than 1 song from "CD" right now. Those that are...aren't playing stuff from AFD or UYI as much, and disappointing those people who want to hear the songs they love from GnR. wink

Do you get that same attitude playing The Day That Never Comes... instead of say... Nothing Else Matters?

Just curious.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I heard CD on the radio today!!

I heard Better, CD, IRS & Scraped on my radio station the last couple days - they love GNR!:beer:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

better has dropped of the top 9 at my local station...CD has slipped to 4, but i heard madagascar Thursday night

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Would be cool if Madagascar was a big hit. Love that song.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Neanderpaul wrote:

are you paul marshall?

Board footer