You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Most Recent Horror Movie You've Seen....

Gunslinger wrote:

The Midnight Meat Train

This was a dark one (imagine that from Clive Barker!) and quite a bit different from the short story based on my memory.  However it was a good horror movie.  Not on the top tier list but a good "catch it sometime" horror movie.

misterID "Let The Right One In" sounds good, I'll have to pick that up and give it a try.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I watched Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III last night. Didn't remember it, and now I know why. Totally forgettable flick. The family was lame and it completely destroys continuity within the franchise. Has to be THE absolute worst Leatherface. They tried to make him a typical slasher type killer, and it fails on all levels.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

^I agree it wasn't that good but I thought having Ken Foree (from Dawn of the Dead) as the hero made the movie kind of cool. I think TCM part IV is the worst of the franchise and the worst Leatherface also.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. TCM4 is even worse.

One redeeming factor of Leatherface, is a kick ass soundtrack featuring the likes of Laaz Rockit, Death Angel, Wrath, and Hurricane among others. 9

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Watched The Unborn last night and surprisingly I liked it.  The movie had bad critical reviews but it is actually a decent flick.  Had a little bit of an Omen and Exorcist vibe going on but I liked the "throwback" feel to the movie.

AtariLegend wrote:

"The Hitcher II"

Unnecessary...

AtariLegend wrote:

"Phantasm IV: Oblivion"

Pointless...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

"The Hitcher II"

Unnecessary...

It had Kari Wuhrer in it, so it gets a free pass.

"Phantasm IV: Oblivion"

Pointless...

Anything after II is pointless.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Phantasm IV is a fine flick, if not THE BEST sequel for purists to the original. Low budget, slimmed down, more old school...

But, I can see some disinterest in the film. Uses lots of cut footage from the original to fatten it up, and Coscarelli only did it to basically generate interest in Roger Avary's big-budgeted "Phantasm's End" which never came to fruition.

I still enjoy Phantasm IV alot.

But Phantasm II fans... to them, that film is The Dark Knight in comparison to Batman fans. It's a masterpiece, and anything after it will never live up.

I will say, Phantasm III is a big fuckin' waste of time. Phantasm is a classic. Phantasm II turns the volume up to 10 and kicks all kinds of ass. Phantasm IV  is entertaining to diehards of the franchise.

Phantasm III is a big joke. He turns it into "Phantasm & Robin". It's total schlock, campy as hell, and even diehard fans of the franchise kind of go - huh? It's not a bad film per say, it's just a big fat joke. It's so campy, you never take it seriously for a minute, and the Tall Man is reduced into one-liner Freddy Krueger/Pinhead territory... it just smacks of 'studio involvement'.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Zombieland. Badass.

Board footer