You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Most Recent Horror Movie You've Seen....

Not a horror fan, but watched Hide and Seek the other night. It was good but a little too slow and without the twist it would have flat out sucked.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Not a horror fan, but watched Hide and Seek the other night. It was good but a little too slow and without the twist it would have flat out sucked.

Does that even classify as a twist? 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just watched EDEN LAKE.

I was soooo into this movie... Until the very end. WTF? That movie is so good and deserves so much better.

This is my biggest problem with British/European Horror films is that they don't know how to fucking end them. When done right, and despite all the shit that comes out and shit I give them, American horror writers, far and away, are the best at ending a horror film.

Take the ending of Seven and Deliverence. It ends, but it doesn't really end. They can make the hero triumphant and still have him lose. And it will always bother you. That's... fucking... genius.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Saw snippets of Halloween H2O last night.

James

James wrote:

Anybody watched Hack! yet? Will be getting this from Netflix tomorrow. Had been wanting to watch it for awhile, and I saw it mentioned on a horror site and it reminded me to add it to my queue. Its basically a spoof of the horror genre and stars Danica Mckellar.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

House Of The Devil.  I truly enjoyed this movie. Ti West did a great job of bringing the look and feel of early 80's horror, from the opening credits to the music. But he still showed restraint and didn't go overboard on making it an "80's horror film", which I very much appreciated. These homages are usually a code word for: "The filmmakers have no original ideas of their own so they're basically ripping off everyone else." The ending was a bit lame imo, but like Jennifer's Body, if this film was released in 1983-84, it would be considered a horror classic today.

Antichrist.  Not sure why people called it horror, except for the brutal finale and all the Willem Dafoe and the chick who looks like Patty Smith nude shots. This is a very slow, long, trippy film. The full-on penetration scene (in the first 3 minutes... in slow motion) and the explicit bloody ejaculation was pretty crazy. It was a film where every 10-15 minutes I was saying, "Did I just see that?" Don't know how I really feel about it yet.

Triangle with Melissa George from 30 Days Of Night. Can't tell you how impressed I was with this film. Very crazy and mind blowing. Definitely check it out. And don't let the lame DVD cover fool you. Very interesting horror film.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Triangle with Melissa George from 30 Days Of Night. Can't tell you how impressed I was with this film. Very crazy and mind blowing. Definitely check it out. And don't let the lame DVD cover fool you. Very interesting horror film.

Never heard of it until now. I'll grab it on Pirate Bay...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Silver Bullet. In honor of Mr. Haim.

I haven't seen this movie in years. I forgot how good of a movie this was. Really stands up, and even for the 80's, kind of has a 50's throwback quality. Really enjoyable werewolf movie. Busey is Busey, and Haim shows how good he really could be, before Hollywood chewed him up and spit him out.

James

James wrote:

Watched Cabin Fever last night. Not really that good of a movie, but I downloaded Cabin Fever 2 and wanted to watch the original since I hadn't watched it since it was released.

Will probably watch Cabin Fever 2 tonight.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Good luck. Never watched CB2, because I thought the original was abysmal.

Board footer