You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Horror Movie You've Seen....

James wrote:

I wound up watching The Stepfather remake instead. TERRIBLE film. Only redeeming quality is that it was very short. They needed a better actor to play the stepfather, and the whole story was really rushed. Also thought it was dumb that half the scenes with the son was him and his girlfriend making out in the swimming pool.

I feel sorry for anyone that actually paid to watch this garbage.

I'll watch either Cabin Fever 2 or The Descent 2 tonight.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I took it off my Netflix picks. The orginial was really good. Especially the totally unecessary shower scene with the daughter. So hot.

Watched Lake Mungo. You know, I'm kind of getting tired of all the fake "documentary's" and fake "found video tape" films. Seriously. Come on. Not that it was bad, it was okay. It kept my interest. But it could have been made much, much more scarier. Big lost opportunity. They're already remaking it in the states. And I hear its going to follow the fake documentary style... Why? Just use the story and make a film about it. They could totally make it 10,000 times better. Sigh...

Watched The Box. It was cool. Definitely similar to a Twilight Zone film. I'm not blown away, but I enjoyed it. I'm a fan of Richard Kelly and Richard Matheson, so it most likely won't float everyones boat.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Shame about Stepfather 2009. The original Stepfather is kind of a forgotton classic, because it went DTV. Terry O'Quinn is fantastic in the original. The sequels blew.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Versus (2000) zombie/samurai film from Japan.  Lots of blood and gore.  There are too many slow shots and a lot of Reservoir Dogs style stuff where guys end up just standing there and pulling guns on one another.  The director also directed Sky High which covers similiar themes and does it in a far more intelligent fashion.  Still watchable just not as great as I'd thought it'd be from reading reviews.

James

James wrote:

I watched The Final a couple days ago. A film from that After Dark horror fest. Basically about these teens getting revenge on some bullies. I like the concept, but it falls flat and too much potential wasted. The girl that's bullied is miscast as she would fit in with the clique that harasses her. They should have cast a geeky looking chick in the role.

Don't remember the name of that one bully, but she is the worst actress I've ever seen. Her friends are getting tortured literally a few feet away and she shows no emotion whatsoever. Unbelievable that she was cast in the film.

I wanted to throw my tv out the window during the scene where they rip off Audition.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I watched The Final a couple days ago. A film from that After Dark horror fest. Basically about these teens getting revenge on some bullies. I like the concept, but it falls flat and too much potential wasted. The girl that's bullied is miscast as she would fit in with the clique that harasses her. They should have cast a geeky looking chick in the role.

Don't remember the name of that one bully, but she is the worst actress I've ever seen. Her friends are getting tortured literally a few feet away and she shows no emotion whatsoever. Unbelievable that she was cast in the film.

I wanted to throw my tv out the window during the scene where they rip off Audition.

Which Audition scene did they rip off?

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Which Audition scene did they rip off?

The infamous torture scene. You should download this movie from Pirate Bay for shits and giggles.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

I'll download it later; almost downloaded it when it hit the scene.  Since you brought up the topic, what other movies from Miike do you recommend?  I'm tempted to download Gozu (2003) only because it sounds so weird.

I finally picked up Thirst though and will be watching it soon.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

I watched [rec] (2007) yesterday.  Interesting enough Spanish horror film.  Didn't really care for the handheld camera shooting style, but it is an interesting film.  I think it does add to the chaotic nature of the film  Remade into Quarantine which was released last year or so.  [rec 2] was released on dvd earlier this year.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Since you brought up the topic, what other movies from Miike do you recommend?  I'm tempted to download Gozu (2003) only because it sounds so weird.

I haven't watched Gozu either. I haven't watched Ichi the Killer yet either which is supposedly one of his crowning achievements. I think I may have that on disc somewhere. I'll try digging it up and will watch it if I find it.

Visitor Q is definitely his most bizarre film I have watched. It seems to be a satire of sorts on the reality culture, but it's just so over the top that I cant really take it seriously. I do recommend watching it though.

His story Box in the Three....Extremes movie is actually the worst of the three, but a fan of his should definitely check it out. It's really unconventional and a bit hard to follow but that is part of his style.

Imprint was amazing. It's in that Masters of Horror show that was on Showtime. It was the only entry in the series that was banned from Showtime. I got it on Netflix.

I doubt he is ever able to top Audition.

edit: I just checked his wiki page and had no idea he directed One Missed Call. That has to be his most conventional horror flick to date.

Board footer