You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Most Recent Horror Movie You've Seen....

Von wrote:

People who don't know Phantasm should be shot. Phantasm and all its sequels, even ObliIVion, truly kick ass.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My dad was a Phantasm nutswinger. He died before getting to watch III. We were gonna rent it like a week before he died but  the couple copies they had were already rented.

I always preferred II over the original.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
von wrote:

People who don't know Phantasm should be shot. Phantasm and all its sequels, even ObliIVion, truly kick ass.

Can I wear a vest?

Never even heard about this. Must be one of those US culture only.

Promise to check it out though, trigger man.

Von

Von wrote:

James, I'm inclined to agree about II. It's definately more fun and the Evil Dead II of the Phantasm series. polluxlm, you have 72 hours. Make them count.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

reggie_shotgun.jpg

Ice cream anyone?

Von

Von wrote:

I might watch Castle Freak tonight.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Prom Night, it was decent.  I liked it better than the original.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Del Toro's "The Orphanage." It's Spanish subtitled but I still found it pretty enjoyable. Original concept with sharp swerves and lots of suspense and great sound effects. Anyone else see this?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Finally got around to watching Ils last night. Great, great movie. Not typical horror obviously, but The Strangers was influenced by this. This is superior to The Strangers. Loved the little twist, although I saw that coming a mile a way. This actually has some atmosphere, which The Strangers was sorely lacking.

Von

Von wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

Del Toro's "The Orphanage." It's Spanish subtitled but I still found it pretty enjoyable. Original concept with sharp swerves and lots of suspense and great sound effects. Anyone else see this?

The Orphanage was directed by J.A. Bayona, not Guillermo del Toro. Del Toro was only a producer or "presenter." Tarantino often takes on the role of presenter for some of his friends' less-than-stellar efforts. It's also a way to use your clought to get a movie you like better distribution/promotion. What's all this mean? It's artistically meaningless. I'm sorry to use your post to set an example, but there seems to be a lot of confusion as to what exactly constitutes a director and that role plays in the ownership of a finished film. As a filmmaker myself, it's discouraging to hear things like "I was really disappointed in Tarantino after his last movie, 'Hostel.'" 'Nuff said. Del Toro's a visionary. The Orphanage is moderately clever.

Board footer